- Address: Lacka, Shinrone, Birr, Co. Offaly R42 HV04
- This residential holding is located in the townland of Lacka between Birr (9km) and Borrisokane (14km).
- Map Ref: 53°02’14.5″N 7°57’51.3″W
- Travelling south out of Birr on the N52 turn on to the L1071 after Riverstown. After 5km turn left at Lougheen house (signposted). Continue 1.2km to a laneway entrance on your right (signposted). The dwelling is located at the top of the avenue.
- Travelling north out of Borrisokane on the N52 to Birr, travel through Ballingarry and after 3.2km turn right (signposted). Continue on crossing over the L1071 road at Lougheen House. Continue straight ahead and continue 1.2km to a laneway entrance on your right (signposted). The dwelling is located at the top of this laneway.
Farm & Land Details:
- Rare opportunity to acquire a unique holding in Co. Tipperary but with a postal address in Co. Offaly.
- Superb rolling countryside views leading to the Slieve Bloom mountains.
- The c110acres are all in one block and contains c64acres of forestry, c25acres of arable and c20acres of grassland.
- The land is good agricultural quality with c25 acres being in tillage for a number of years and c20 acres of permanent pasture.
- The forestry is 20years old and is a mixed plantation with Norway Spruce, ash, sycamore and oak. The forest premia are now finished.
- The ash and sycamore plots have been thinned in 2011 and are now ready for thinning again.
- The lands are serviced by a bored well, sewerage by septic tank and electricity.
- The title is freehold contained in Folio TY26108, TY26106 & TY37608F
- There is an old stone farmhouse at the back of the property, it is presently used as a store but had potential for a quaint dwelling in a setting of mature deciduous trees.
- There is a general purpose shed behind the current dwelling house.
- There are no modern farm buildings on the holding.
- Residence is a 3-bedroom single storey farm house in excellent condition.
- It comprises of 3 bedrooms, living room, sitting room x2, kitchen, porch.
- The house which has a building energy rating of (awaited) is fitted with PVC windows and has oil fired central heating.
- The property is serviced with water from a bored well, telephone and electricity
- House on c0.4 acres.
- c45 acres of Agricultural Land.
- c64 acres of Forestry.
Advised Market Value: €650,000